This handy photo demonstrates where the wires need to go in case I forgot or something
I checked as soon as they were rewired that nothing was going to explode when I turned the power on. Because I trust myself.
Excuse the blurry photo but look at how wonderfully vintage the lamp is
After I'd wrestled with the mains voltage I figured I'd do something a bit easier and put up a shelf to keep all the manuals and measuring beakers on. This was definitely the easiest thing I did for the whole project. I like putting up shelves. I'm good at it. I also like using the power drill.
Then I had to arrange everything in a useable order and take stock of what I had and what I still needed...
In part 3 I buy a shit load of stuff, tidy some more and make the darkroom dark.