Wednesday, 18 February 2015

Close Up Street Portrait #1


Recently I've been trying to conquer my fear of asking people if I can take their picture when out shooting on the street. Whilst I don't mind shooting without asking too much- there is an element of excitement to photographing without permission, I feel as if for the portraits I want to capture, I need to be able to get in closer to my subjects. I'm shooting with a 50mm lens and a very wide aperture so to capture a person I need to be much closer than can reasonably be achieved without asking. This photograph is from my first roll in which I started to do this. What I like about it is how mournful he looks. I wish I had looked more at the background though. I feel as if he could do with standing out more. Still, hopefully this is just the beginning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment