Wednesday, 14 January 2015

Colourising Old Family Photos

I recently tried my hand at using Photoshop to colourise a couple of old photos including this one of my grandparents on their wedding day. It's a really interesting thing to do but very time consuming. Each individual section of colour has to be produced separately whilst also keeping an eye on the overall scheme of the image. It's not something I'd like to do a lot of, I'd go crazy if I tried. It is however a pretty interesting thing to try once or twice. I decided to give it a go after stumbling across an article on this person. Who can also be found on Instagram. I have no idea how they can do it on a regular basis. I can only assume they have a much better (read larger) computer screen than mine to work on. Anyway, without further ado, here is my attempt.

                            Carla and Philip on their wedding day.     Before   and   after colourisation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment