Sunday, 11 January 2015

Being the Model

Recently I've begun to use myself more in photos. It's not something I've ever really thought to try before. I don't take a lot of selfies. I'm not particularly interested in me as a photographic subject. I am however interested in women as subjects. The photos I want to take would involve female models and I don't have the money to pay or willing female friends and so if I want to achieve a look I am interested in that means I have to use myself. The downside is that either I have to get BadCatt to help me take the photos or I'm relying on positioning myself right within the limits of my 10 second self timer. Which seems to work with varying degrees of success. What I think I need to do is set up the shot, work out where I need to be, take some prep photos with my iPhone on self timer and then take the actual shot when I've marked out exactly where I should be. These are thoughts for the future though.

For now I'd like to share two photos taken yesterday with my Minolta X-300 loaded with Ektar 100 (I'm in love with this film.) I tried to map out roughly where I should sit using the floor tiles and the stars on the wall as a guide. My camera, attached to the tripod was sitting on an ironing board and I could only half see through the viewfinder to take the photos. Hence a little bit of serendipity came into play with how these ended up looking but I'm not complaining. Sometimes you need that luck. 


Minolta X-300, Ektar 100, f 5.6 1/2 (I think)


Minolta X-300, Ektar 100, f 5.6 1/2 (I think)

No comments:

Post a Comment