Tuesday, 4 November 2014

Charity Shop Bargins- The Paterson Colour Darkroom

On a recent visit to a second hand shop I spied a familiar logo out of the corner of my eye. On closer inspection I discovered that the logo was attached to a pretty big box labelled the Paterson Colour Darkroom.



As I rummaged through it I realised that it was a pretty complete set of equipment for a colour darkroom. it did't contain trays but did have:


  • Working enlarger

  • Spare bulbs
  • Darkroom Lamp
  • One development tank for negs
  • Development tank for paper 
  • Tongs
  • Horrible old powder developer 

  • Thermometers
  • Frames
  • Measuring beakers
You get the idea. There was masses of stuff. I asked about the price, assuming it would be pretty expensive but they wanted £25 for it. Deal! So now I own a big box full of amazingly useful stuff that I can't use because the woman I live with would hate me setting up a darkroom in her house. Although when I move elsewhere I will definitely be finding somewhere with a windowless bathroom so I can try the equipment out properly. 

2 comments: