Sunday, 26 October 2014

Ektar 100

I don't often get to use a decent colour film (and by decent I mean something that costs more than £1.) So when I had a tiny bit of space cash recently I decided it was the perfect time to buy a roll of Ektar 100. I've been looking for the perfect trip on which to try it out and as one never presented itself eventually on a recent trip to Harwich I decided I just had to bite the bullet and give it a go. This was taken using my Minolta X-300 and the negative developed at Snappy Snaps before I scanned it in myself at home. I'm only putting one photo on here for now. My next post will feature more from the same trip.

This was shot on 35mm but unfortunately I had to crop the image way down due to an errant hair over the lens. Hence the funny size. It's not perfect by a long way but look at how lovely those colours are. Sigh. This is why I shouldn't shoot on expensive film, one roll and I'm hooked. The reduced size of grain is really satisfying too. Curses!


No comments:

Post a Comment