Sunday, 28 September 2014

Introduction

Hi and welcome to my blog. I'm the Camera Cub. I've always been interested in photography but up until very recently I've lacked the necessary know how/ equipment to give it a go myself. Now I've started gathering cameras, film and chemicals and gaining some knowledge of the processes involved I thought it might be nice to catalog the process of discovery and hopefully some form of growth as a photographer.

First up, a matchbox pinhole selfie I made following the instructions on Matchbox Pinhole. I never manage to get particularly clear images when I make these cameras. I figure it is down to my inability to get the size of the pinhole right. This was taken in the security room of Slackspace, an organisation which takes over the lease on disused shops in Colchester and turns them into a gallery and performance venue. Their current residence is an incredibly photogenic old police station/ bar. Expect more shots taken there at a later date. I'll also probably go into more depth about pinholes in future posts but this is my introduction image. The film used is Agfa Vista 200 which I got from Poundland and this was about a 5 minute exposure. I say about because mostly I just guessed when the time was up. I live on the edge don't I? 

2014-09-02_3

No comments:

Post a Comment