Monday, 29 September 2014

Introducing the Smena 8M (or Russian Pony)

Although I've not be seriously into photography for very long, I've managed to accumulate a few different cameras. This has led me foolishly to think I might try a few introduction posts. The first of which is going to be on my first camera, the Smena 8M or "The Pony" as it's now nicknamed.



Brief History + How To

Smenas were manufactued in the Soviet Union in the Lomo factory between 1953-1991 and are made with a completely bakelite or later plastic body. You use it by setting the weather conditions with cute cloud/sun graphics and the distance you wish it to focus on and away you go.

According to the lomography website it has
a high contrast glass lens which yields sharp images and deep colours.
To demonstrate this, have an image taken outside some abandoned warehouses by the river Colne.




Expect to see more of this little camera in the future and I'd quite like to do a proper run through of how it fares in different conditions as the results are pretty dramatic.

No comments:

Post a Comment